Friday, May 09, 2008

Beloved

eloved, Father, is the word that was on my heart for you when I woke up (the third time) this morning. I looked for another word because while I know you call your children, your beloved, I was not quite so sure I could honestly call you my beloved. Not because I don't love you. Well, at least I try to love you. You say over and over in Your word that if we Love you, we keep your commandments. It is my hearts desire to keep them all the time, but You know I don't. You know better than anybody how much I screw up. WOW, I just got it. It is okay that I call You my beloved without getting it all right. Because in my heart I am working toward that end. To love you with my whole life. To obey You the instant I hear You. And even though I don't have it all together, you still love me. You still call me daughter. I love You for that, Father. I love you for sending Jesus to shed His blood that covers me and offers me the chance to come to You. Thank You, even for this lesson that I have learned today. I am glad I did not change the word. My God, My King, My Beloved.

No comments: