Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Second Blog this year!

This is my second blog of two thousand 11 :D) YAY for me. I pretty much have nothing to say right now either. So I am just going to type for a bit. Today has been pretty good. I am grateful to God for that. I have taken a lot of calls, and I am pretty sure they have been successful. YAY! Tonight is our final dress rehearsal for Lucky Stiff. The show looks amazing, and I have learned a lot through the process. I look forward to doing more directing. It's fun. In other news: I think I like my senior play. I am waiting to hear back from my teacher about it, but hopefully I can start writing it soon. I am writing this like a journal entry, so if it shows up on my Facebook feed, realize it's just me rambling. In my downtime of the last hour of or so I have taken it upon myself to make another list of plays to purchase and read. Want to know about the 6 plays on my current list. Well, if you are actually still reading this you just might. :D) I found all of these plays at dramatists.com a site that I do indeed frequent.

Back of the Throat by Yussef El Guindi

This one is about a man accused of being a terrorist. Sounds like it would be a good one to direct. Yeah, I actually am thinking like a director when reading plays lately. I like powerful stories. Granted there is always the chance it will be a disappointment, but it certainly sounds promising.

None of the Above by Jenny Lyn Bader
This one is about a girl who was expecting a drug dealer, when a SAT tutor comes to her door. I heard a monologue from this one once, and I am curious about the rest of the story.

The Pain and the Itch by Bruce Norris

This one is about a privilaged yet dysfunctional family. The description made me curious. It could go either way.


The Red Velvet Cake War

by Jessie Jones and two others

The description called it a Southern-Fried comedy. Can't get any better than that. I love plays with food. I love food, oh sorry, I am getting off track. On with the list.

Absalom by Zoe Kazan

I looked into this one hoping that it would have something to do with story of David, but it turns out it's the story of a family reunion. Sounds fun.

Ruined by Lynn Nottage

This is a pulitzer winner, and it's a rough story. I have had it on my list for a while. I was just waiting for dramatist to get it so I would not have to pay $11.00 for it. I am $7.50 girl. :D)

Anyway that is all of my list so far. It will probably be a couple of months before I can actually purchase these, but I will get around to reading them. If my blogging notions continue, I might even write about what I thought of them. Anyway, that's all for now. :D)

Love and Sunshine,

Roz

No comments: